Thursday, July 17, 2014

Review: The new Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous line

Hello my darlings! 
I'm starting up a new blog dedicated to beauty, life, and anything else I can think of! I wanted to start my first post with a simple review. 

There is a new foundation line from Covergirl called Ready Set Gorgeous! They have Katy Perry as their spokeswoman for this line. You can see ads on Instagram and magazines promoting this new line. I've also seen a few YouTube reviews by a few beauty gurus and I figured I would give it a shot.

The line includes a powder compact foundation, a liquid foundation and a concealer. I'm a 115-120 in the pressed powder foundation. I'm actually a 120 in the liquid foundation (not 115). Lastly, I'm a 115-120 in the concealer. 

I personally don't wear powder foundation as just my foundation. My skin has semi-dry patches on my chin, cheeks, and forehead and can't handle just a powder foundation. However, when I pair all three together, they work pretty well. 

The liquid foundation is oil free and claims to apply from liquid to a powder finish. When I first applied the foundation with a brush, I started noticing dry patches on my forehead, cheeks and chin. It has a decent coverage, since it says to have a light to medium coverage. However, it wasn't build-able with the brush because my pores and dry patches were a bit noticeable and adding more foundation only worsened the situation. I then applied the concealer under my eyes. It had a very light coverage. I need a very good converge when it comes to my under eyes because of my dark circles, puffiness and lines. Now, when I added the pressed powder  foundation, it helped seal everything, but I still has the problem of my pores standing out a bit. I did put on primer before I started, but it didn't seem to help. I feel like the "to a powder finish" seems to live up to its word. 

As the day progressed, I got a bit of oiliness and it did oxidize a bit (aka change color). I blotted my face and that seemed to take of it. 

Now I tried the same process a few days later, but used a wet beautyblender sponge. 
The beautyblender is one of my most recent FAVORITE beauty tools. It's $20 but well worth it's weight in gold, if cleaned out once a week, at least. You wet it to activate it and helps to apply foundation to an airbrushed finish. Now I suggest this tool when working with foundation that dry to a powder finish. The wet sponge helps to avoid caking and helps your foundation to blend smoothly on your face. It even smooths over your pores. My foundation application has changed since I have purchased this awesome tool. I use the fuller, "butt end" of the blender to pat my foundation on my face, especially the Ready Set Gorgeous. I then use the pointed end to blend my concealer under my eyes. 

Having used the beautyblender, my foundation didn't get that oily and didn't oxidize as much. The concealer, sadly, still didn't build enough converge. The pressed powder was good enough for me to use to blot for the day. 

So pros, it has a good feel on your face. It almost feels like you have nothing on, which is a plus for the hot summer weather. 
It evens out your skin tone, if you use the the beautyblender.
The powder foundation is best used as part of a step on the whole routine, but don't recommend it on its own, to avoid weird, dry patches.

Cons, the concealer does not contain enough coverage, even if you try to build it. Too liquid-y.
The foundation itself is also very liquid-y, so be careful when you squeeze. 

Overall, use all three items together to get a summery converge, because it's HOT and I don't recommend a heavy foundation for this season.

Thank you for reading this far. Hope you liked this review and stay tuned for more posts. Love you!

-Jess 

1 comment:

  1. Great review and information, thank you!! You just convinced me to buy the beauty blender ;)

    ReplyDelete